Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)
Our education and training program is a valuable tool in developing awareness of safety, health responsibilities and accident prevention.
Health, Safety and Environment is an interdisciplinary profession that attracts professionals across board. This is because safety is the responsibility of everyone and poor health, safety and environmental management are the major causes of occupational accidents in the workplace. To ensure maximum compliance with legal requirements, make profit and promote business, every employer must take adequate measures in protecting the health and safety of her workforce without any damage to the environment where their operations are undertaken. This can only be effectively accomplished through the advice of specialised HSE Professionals who oversee the management and implementation of health, safety and environmental programmes in the organisation. To close the professional skill and knowledge gap in HSE profession, PSI has designed a practical base HSE training to improve the skills of HSE Professionals and mentor people who may desire the profession. The programme is simplified to accommodate even someone with no previous safety knowledge and skill and groom them to become highly specialised HSE Professionals. The HSE course is broken down into the followings
- HSE Level 1&2 for beginners and other people who may have HSE responsibilities in the workplace
- HSE Level 3 for the intended specialised HSE Professionals
- Supervisory Safety for Safety Supervisors and other line management staff saddled with corporate HSE Policy and Programmes implementation
Other advance HSE courses in the institutes include
Emergency Management, Fire Safety, Safety Audit, First Aid and CPR, Food Safety and Hygiene, Quality Assurance and Quality Control (ISO 9001), Scaffolding, Confined Space Entry, Lifting and Rigging, Gas Testing, Permit to Work System (PWS), Food Safety and Quality Management, Process Safety, HAZID/HAZOP, Environmental Impact Assessment and Management, Nebosh International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, Nebosh International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, OSHA etc.
All the courses are thought by specialised Professionals in the profession and modeled to include Site HSE Practical and Video Tutorials that will provide the participants with first-hand skills, knowledge, experiences, tools and techniques required for excellent workplace health, safety and environmental management.
Benefits to Participants
- Earn globally recognised certificate on all the courses
- First-hand practical training on all our courses in renown companies in Nigeria e.g SPDC, Exxon Mobil, Julius Berger Nigeria, Globacom, Tantalizer etc. with excellent experience and high possibility of retention.
- Training support kits e.g video tutorials and software applications on all the courses
- Job links, recommendations and referrals during recruitment exercise in all our partnered firms in Nigeria and abroad
- CV review at low or no cost to all the participants
- Free learning and support materials to all the participants during and after training
- Constant professional supports to all the participants on jobs who may desire professional assistant in any of our specialised disciplines
- Links and assistance to all participants who may want to join any of the professional associations
- Fas tract postgraduate admission for any participant who may want to study abroad
- All the participants shall attend all workshops and symposiums organised by the institute free or at less charges etc.